With so many people suffering from at least one disability worldwide, it’s no wonder disabled people are the largest minority group globally. And as the Canadian Survey on Disability from Statistics Canada shows, disabled people earn much less than those without disabilities.
Knowing that, what can you do to protect your income while you’re healthy? One of the most crucial thing you can do is to buy long-term disability insurance. This pays a monthly benefit if you can’t work due to an injury or illness. With the financial support of the insurance payout, you can focus on recovery and getting back to work.
- Nearly 20% of adults in the U.S. have a disability.
- Only 41% of disabled adults in the U.S. are employed.
- In Canada, only 48% of individuals with disabilities are employed.
- Long term disability insurance is vital as 1 in 8 individuals will become disabled before retirement.
- In Canada, long term disability insurance is not mandatory for employers, leaving many without coverage.
- Long term disability insurance in Canada can be purchased individually or through an employer.
- In Ontario, the government offers a program for those unable to work due to disability called the Ontario Disability Support Program.
- Long term disability companies are responsible for determining if an individual is eligible for benefits.
- A long term disability forum can provide support and information for those with a disability.
- Long term disability in Canada can last for an extended time, potentially even a lifetime.
- Long term disability in ontario is a severe issue, requiring the help of an experienced long-term disability lawyer.
- Long term disability Canada is a significant financial burden for those affected, and the right long term disability insurance can help alleviate the cost.
- Long term disability insurance in ontario can be a vital resource for those unable to work due to a disability.
Note that Disability Law Services are professionals that can help you with your rights under the disability laws and can assist you in navigating the process of applying for long term disability benefits, appealing denied claims and more.